Established in 2001, Jawun believes that Indigenous empowerment is the most sustainable pathway to improving the lives of Indigenous people. With a proven track-record of building the capacity of Indigenous communities, Jawun is now launching j.HUB; a new, innovative line of business providing reform advisory services to Indigenous communities.
We are looking for an outstanding leader who can drive our reform advisory offering, build long term relationships with those who work with us, ensure our co-design methodology is best-practice and fit-for-purpose, and ensure j.HUB\’s outcomes are high quality and impactful.
Reporting to the j.HUB Executive Director, you will inspire and lead a multidisciplinary co-design consulting team. You will play a key role in ‘brokering’ practical, evidenced-based solutions with relevant senior stakeholders, as well as leading the day-to-day management of the co-design team. You will play a significant role as a member of j.HUB\’s leadership team (along with the j.HUB Executive Director, and Jawun CEO), be a thought leader in our organisation and a key influencer in driving the development and execution of j.HUB\’s co-design approach, tools and methodology.
- Overall project management including establishing scope and project deliverables of each co-design project with reform leaders at outset; owning project planning and process management; driving development of content; managing on time, on budget deliverables; and communicating progress to community and j.hub leadership.
- Management of client and stakeholder relationships including Indigenous leaders, key stakeholders within Indigenous communities and external stakeholders (e.g. government, external experts).
- Lead \’brokerage\’ function within reform advisory engagements including preparing Reform Thinkers to engage a community-level plan with government and to facilitate engagement between Reform Thinkers and government.
- Day-to-day management of co-design team including providing apprenticeship and coaching to the co-design team to help them develop consulting skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow.
- Ownership of j.HUB co-design approach + methodology: Project manage development of any new j.HUB co-design tools in conjunction with j.HUB capability partner. Thought leadership on best practice, fit-for-purpose solutions and innovations to j.HUB approach
- Workshop presentation and facilitation
What You Will Bring
You are an entrepreneurial and innovative leader, with outstanding communication and facilitation skills. You will have deep experience and achievement in consulting and / or advisory services, indigenous reform, stakeholder and client engagement, and a deep understanding of government programs and leaders within the sector. Possessing a strong understanding of communities, stakeholders (including all levels of government), and clients, you are adept at building effective and long-term trusted relationships with all.
- Tertiary qualifications
- Deep social policy experience
- Experience working in and with Indigenous communities
- 7+ years project management/consulting experience to shape and scope projects
- Experience managing a team
- Knowledge and experience of current relevant government programs and priorities, including established relationships with key government decision makers
- Strong project management skills with an ability to train others
- Attention to detail and proven ability to design and implement process improvement
Jawun is a not-for-profit organisation that leverages the capabilities of corporate, government and philanthropic Australia to support programs of change in Indigenous communities. Jawun values social and cultural diversity, and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply to join the j.HUB team.