Major Gifts Manager
Major Gifts Manager
- Are you an experienced and talented relationship manager who would like to use your skills and passion to secure gifts from high networth individuals and raise funds for a highly successful not-for-profit organisation?
- Do you have experience of networking and influencing decision makers?
- Do you thrive on building relationships, delivering under pressure and enjoy being part of a creative and supportive team? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
We are seeking an experienced Major Gifts Manager to work within the Taronga Foundation to develop, manage and further grow our Major Gifts and Trusts & Foundations areas and help drive a team of talented individuals.
At Taronga we believe that wildlife and people can share this planet. We believe that all of us have a responsibility to protect the world’s precious wildlife, not just in our lifetimes, but for generations to come.
Our Zoos create experiences that delight and inspire lasting connections between people and wildlife, we aim to changes lives and create conservation champions. Our activities range from resolving human –elephant conflict in Mozambique, to building homes from critically endangered Bellingen River turtles.
Our conservation breeding programs for threatened wildlife help a myriad of species, from tiny vibrant Corroboree Frogs to Australia’s first Greater One horned Rhino calf. We work in partnerships across the globe and our work is grounded in Science and Education.
About the role…
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and Manager you will be responsible for managing a team with some exciting and challenging income targets.
- Using your relationships and building skills to secure major gifts from prospective and existing supporters.
- Developing a long term vision, strategy and execution plan for Major Gifts and Trust and Foundations
- Delivering an annual target of $6 million
In addition the perfect candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to represent Taronga to external audiences at all levels and experience of making significant financial asks and presenting multi-year gift proposals.
- Creative and innovative in seeking solutions and ideas.
- Exemplary writing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Self motivated with sound project management and planning skills.
- Experience in the management and development of a high performing team.
To review a copy of the position description, please visit the careers page of http://www.taronga.org.au/
All applications for this position must be made through http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/ searching for keyword Taronga
Please ensure you answer all selection criteria/application questions in detail as well the as attach a current CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 21 June 2017.
For further information please contact Rhiannon Millane, HR Advisor on [email protected]