Grants and Fundraising Officer
- 2nd Most Reputable Australian Charity (AMR Index 2016)
- Make a difference to the community
- Located in Burwood next to the train station
St John (NSW) is the primary provider of First Aid and First Aid training in NSW. St John (NSW) volunteers exceeds 3,000 members on an annual basis and a Corporate Office of approximately 180 team members supporting our purpose of saving lives through first aid.
About the Role
* Coordinate submissions to Trusts, Foundations, Government, local Government bodies and other potential donors;
* Managing and submitting acquittals and donor reporting
* Managing stakeholders in the trusts and foundations space
* Managing internal relationships to ensure St John commitments to grants are delivered
* Conceiving and developing new ways to attract funding through St John offerings and activities
* Preparing and bringing in annual budget as part of broader Fundraising budget
* Managing trusts in the CRM system including inputs and reporting
Our Ideal Candidate
* Confidently able to represent St John values, objectives and programs and represent St John fundraising when required
* Communicates effectively to gain the respect and confidence of staff, volunteers, colleagues, grant givers and donors
* Strong resilience and initiative to drive and take charge of state fundraising activities with autonomy
* Has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with various internal and external stakeholders within the community
* Has relevant experience within a not-for- profit environment, including knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
* Understands and reacts appropriately to sensitive issues and maintains confidentiality
* Demonstrates the ability to maintain high performance standards when under pressure or when dealing with unfamiliar situations.
*Experience in working in a standalone role and setting up processes independently
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or contact Audrey Kessell, HR Advisor on (02) 9745 8703.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position by 5pm 31st October 2017.